Hello! I’ve got a big cup of coffee next to me and I’m headed out the door soon because I got called in to work for the neurology service yesterday and today.
I don’t mind neurology and I’m happy to go work, but man I was excited for more of a break this month. This year has not been easy and now that we’re getting down to the last few months (only 2 more inpatient months for me!!!) I am feeling a little worn down. Fingers crossed I don’t get called in too many more times this month.
As I started last Friday, I will recap my weekly workouts during these posts instead of on my workout log page.
Workouts this week:
- Saturday: Tennis with my mom and Kyle
- Sunday: Ice skating with my mom and Kyle, + 2.5 mile run outside
- Monday: 3 miles on treadmill- 2 running, 1 sprinting
- Tuesday: 4 mile run outside
- Wednesday: Tennis class + 2.5 mile run and 1.5 mile walk outside
- Thursday: OFF
- Friday: **Looking at what I’ve already done this week I should probably do some strength training!
And now onto some Friday Favorite posts!
Past Friday Favorites:
- #1 featuring Ole Henrikson, Patagonia better sweater, leather planner, and soup
- #2 featuring Birchbox, Tosi, Sorel boots, Winter sports, and banana bread
- #3 featuring Green smoothies, Sheppard Geronimo, DIY flower arrangements, and AMA articles
- #4 featuring Starbucks Kenya roast, Marie Forleo, GOQii, Noosa yogurt, and Tara Stiles’s book
- #5 featuring pilot pens, jewelry, and my favorite thermos
- #6 featuring Nutiva coconut snacks, Kale salad, Silk Cashew Milk, and Cashew Brittle
- #7 featuring dessert, Kyle, Marcelle Makeup remover, and Hautelook shoes
- #8 featuring Vichy lotion, Noosa yogurt, DIY wreaths, and homemade birthday cake
This is without a doubt my #1 favorite thing this week!! The sun shining along with high 50’s degree weather is just GLORIOUS!!
This goes along with #1, but running outside this week has been such a nice change to my workouts! I enjoy running outside about 2983495778302 times more than running on the treadmill (even though I love running on the treadmill because I get to watch trashy TV).
Sleep is always one of my favorite things. Not only do I personally need a lot of sleep, but I love sleeping! I am definitely not one of those people who can function on 5-6 hours of sleep. I need at least 7 hours a night, preferably 8, and even that isn’t enough. When I get time off on the weekends I always try to sleep 9-11 hours to make up for any time I’ve lost during the work week.
I think I might write an entire post on the benefits of sleep and how sleep quality has been linked to cardiovascular health, brain function, diabetes, obesity, and depression. Newer studies are showing that the blue lights emitted from our electronics interfere with sleep and are even associated with higher rates of depression, so I am really making a conscious effort to avoid my phone and computer before bed.
I also saw that there are new guidelines from the National Sleep Foundation:
- Newborns (0-3 months): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18).
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15).
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14).
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13).
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11).
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5).
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours (new age category).
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours.
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours (new age category).
Do you love sleep as much as I do?
Silver Hills Sprouted Bread
I spotted this bread on sale at my local health food store and decided to give it a try instead of my regular Ezekiel bread. Both Kyle and I really liked it and would buy it again!
Along the same line as my bread is a big turkey sandwich! I don’t know why but they have really been hitting the spot all last week and now this week! I think my homemade mayonnaise with basil blended into it (basil aioli I guess?) has been helping to make these turkey sandwiches excellent. Recipe for mayonnaise here– if you try homemade you will never go back!!
Kind of a boring list this week… but I’ve had a pretty low key week running, eating sandwiches, and sleeping 🙂
What were your favorite things this week?