I started writing out my monthly goals a few months ago, after I had gone wayyyy too many months without thinking about goals. This past month, I totally forgot what my goals even were, and I’m pretty sure I only made a few of them happen. Whoops! So this month, I’m making more realistic and attainable goals- goals I won’t forget about, and goals that will keep me motivated all month! Let’s see if it works.
Here were my goals last month:
- Study for 2 hours on every day off. I really want to study more and I think this is reasonable. <–I might have actually done this. I didn’t keep track as much as I should have, but I actually did study on all my days off.
- Transition out of the Whole30 without going crazy. <– Yes- I did this. I had fro yo, cookies, chocolate, and lots of cheese, but didn’t feel like I was going to eat everything in sight or anything- it was a good transition!
- Workout 5 times a week all month. <– Ummm NO. I hardly worked out at all last month!!!! Epic fail. I will talk more about it below.
- Sleep 7.5 hours a night minimum (I’ve been staying up later than I want to!! No more!) <– Maybe I did this. There were lots of nights I got less than 7.5 hours, but lots of other nights I got 10-12 ( I slept a lot this month). So I think I’m good.
- Make 5 new recipes and photograph them (trying to get better with my food photography ) I made 4 new, good ones:
And I made 2 that I didn’t share on the blog. The first is a roast chicken with potatoes, leeks, apples, onions, and golden beets. It was actually super yummy!
The second was NOT yummy. It was a chicken meatball, cider, quinoa, and kale skillet. It sounded good as an idea, but wasn’t that good when it was all said and done. I still ate it all week because I made a ton. Don’t you hate it when that happens?
So moving on to goals for this month. I know I’ve mentioned it a lot- but I’ve been super sick of my workouts. I just can’t get myself excited about going to the gym to pedal away on the elliptical or treadmill and I really don’t like lifting weights when I don’t have a set plan I’m following. I am loving my new tennis hobby though! Kyle and I have played 3 times and I’ve had 2 lessons so far. I am still so so so so bad, but I know if I keep practicing I will become mediocre at least, right?
Anyways, I was lamenting my terrible workout mojo to my wonderful friend Emily, and she graciously said I could try out her workout plan for a month! She is a certified personal trainer, has a degree in health and exercise science from Wake Forest, and is an incredibly knowledgable lady in all things health and fitness, so I was super pumped to try out her plan!
Her workout routine focuses on HIIT, short but effective workouts, and some weight training as well. So my main goal for this month is to stick to Emily’s workout schedule. I’m pretty excited!!
My second goal for the month is to finish my Qbank for Step 3 of my boards. I am taking Step 3 (my last medicine board exam ever!!!!) on December 1st and 2nd (2 day exam- yuck) so I need to get through all my practice questions this month. Ideally, I would get through all of them before the month is over so I have some time to go over all the ones I got wrong… but that seems like wishful thinking at the moment. We’ll see.
And that’s it! 2 goals- workout and study! Cant go wrong with those right?
What are your November goals?