And it’s Monday again! Crazy how fast that happens isn’t it? Today I will be studying but not before I share this recipe with you!
Yesterday I actually took off my pajamas in order to go to church with Kyle.
But I promise I put my pajamas back on as soon as I got home and spent the rest of the day in my room
on facebook and reading blogs studying.
By mid afternoon I wanted to work out, so I hopped on my treadmill for an hour. I jogged for 20 minutes, did 20 minutes of sprints, and walked for 20 minutes. All while watching The Biggest Loser 🙂
Then I showered and it was back to pajamas and studying!
My life is just so exciting these days. I know you’re jealous 😉
Moving on to this yummy recipe! I was craving fried rice and had seen a few recipes using cauliflower in place of the rice, and thought I would give it a try!
The texture comes out super similar to fried rice and you can’t taste the cauliflower at all! I LOVED this and will totally make it again.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup soy sauce (and more if you like)
- 5 tbs sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 package firm tofu
- Start by washing and cutting up the cauliflower into small pieces. Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it forms a rice-like texture. Use paper towels to squeeze and moisture from the cauliflower rice.
- Chop onion, garlic, and carrots. Either microwave or boil carrots for a few minutes to soften them up (I put them in the microwave with a little water for 3 minutes)
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tbs olive oil. Add garlic. Once fragrant, add onions and carrots. Sprinkle a dash of salt over veggies.
- Cook the veggies until onions are translucent and carrots are soft.
- Transfer veggies to a large bowl.
- In a bowl, scramble 3 eggs.
- Pour eggs into sauté pan that you just used for the carrots and onions. Scramble eggs and then add to bowl with veggies. Set aside.
- Pour 2.5 TBS sesame oil into pan and let it get really hot. Add cauliflower rice to pan and stir.
- Pour 1/4 cup soy sauce over cauliflower (you can go up to 1/3 cup or more depending on how much cauliflower you have- you want the soy sauce to darken the color of all the “rice”)
- Let cauliflower sit in pan for a few minutes without stirring so that it can brown and get crispy. After about 5-6 minutes, add in your cooked vegetables, eggs, and chopped green onions.
- To cook the tofu, slice your tofu block into 8 slices. Use paper towels to press out any liquid.
- In a bowl, cover them with soy sauce to marinate them (about 1/3 cup).
- Heat 2.5 TBS sesame oil in a skillet until really hot.
- Add tofu and let it fry in the pan until crispy- flip on each side.
Hope you like it!!
Have you made recipes with cauliflower as a substitute for starch? I’ve seen “mashed potatoes” “pizza crust” and tons of other cauliflower ideas!!